Hello, here’s a sample of my Marketing Newsletter!
I’m so glad you’re here! July is just a few days away… I wanted to share a few things with you about July. Before I do that, let me tell you that as always, I’ve read a lot of marketing articles this week and I listened to two particularly good podcasts- one was about doing something positive that helps prevent or even ‘cure’ the feeling of being Burned Out. It’s basically about taking a break. Two takeaways? Working yourself to exhaustion? (some think this is a way to seek approval) Or constant striving for perfection? (some say- this helps us feel more acceptable). All I know for sure is that Burn Out is Real. July might be the time to work a little less. Think about what’s working and what’s not. What’s missing from your life and how to add those things you need.
The other podcast was insight into how successful folks who are either hardworking or have a genius for certain things that helps them be a cut above other folks. The ones who have a combination of both- tend to be the most successful. The Truth lies somewhere in between- a successful life is far more beneficial. Yet! Here’s something the behavioral psychologist who was being interviewed added a caveat she felt we need to know. She noted that even successful folks have also been through two years of a pandemic and now are well into the 3rd year with multiple problems on many fronts. She said a disturbing trend has come up with the subjects in her long-term study. They’re losing Hope. She said that just platitudes aren’t necessarily helpful. She suggested that if Loss of Hope is creeping into everyday life- do some things that are out of the box, push yourself a bit out of your comfort zone. I think July is a great time to focus, at least some of your time – On Yourself.
Which brings me to this: Find Your Hidden Talents. Here are 3 Ways.
- Follow Your Free Time. What is it that you love to do in your Free Time?
- What Things Do you find Easy that other folks Struggle With?
- Follow the Money. Yes, you read that right! Look at where you spend your money- aside from the monthly bills. What do you spend it on? Or, what would you spend it on?
Get your pencils sharpened and try to answer those 3 things. You may just find a few Hidden Talents. They could be amazing assets to your Business or open up your mind to the possibility of Change.
Okay, Okay- I know you’d like some Marketing Tips! I have those too! First the bad news- July is the slowest month for Retail. Especially this year, folks are taking trips, enjoying vacations and frankly they just aren’t that into buying stuff. I know you don’t want to hear that! So!
Remember, sometimes Less is More. Here are 4 Things to Do for your Business in July.
- Just for the month of July- focus on a media form that you’ve neglected or wanted to do. I don’t mean abandon your favorite. For instance, I’ve been neglecting my blog and wanting to do a bit more on Pinterest. You may want to start a YouTube Channel. If you don’t want to add another social media site- Do a Vision Board. I did one recently and it’s surprising how much I enjoyed it and one or two things have already manifested themselves! You may be surprised how just one little shift or change may help your business. I know several who are taking courses from Art to Personal Development and are enjoying the change of pace. I’ll applaud educating ourselves any time! At the end of July? Keep the Practice or Not- it’s up to you!
- Start Talking Now about what you’re planning for Back to School or just September. Maybe open Wait Lists. You could also do a Soft Launch of a new Product- folks love to know these things. You’ll have to trust me on this. Talk about a trip you’re taking, a workshop or a challenge you’re participating in and add how you think these things will help your business. If you’ll be posting less, give folks a heads up, let them in on things.
- Ok- here’s the Marketing that works in July- Dollars Off. Remember, you’ll get farther with dollars off than Percentage Off. This is true all year round. In addition, July is also a good time to run a Giveaway. (I’ll be doing some of that myself! If you don’t want to do that? Do a Free Gift with Purchase. I will also be doing this as well! These are proven ‘helpers’ for Marketing in July.
I’m taking my own advice right now! I have a Giveaway for You! I hope it will lower your stress levels. It’s 31 Days of Content! All done for you! It has some Pro Tips for how to personalize it for the type of business you’re in. And here’s the link to it:https://camellia-s-cottage-blog.mykajabi.com/pl/2147601292
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Love y’all, Brenda Wyatt
Creator of Be Unforgettable Beginner’s Guide to Visual Marketing Online Course
If you’d like to subscribe- send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
5 thoughts on “Hidden Talents…”
I was guilty of being a “people pleaser” since I worked two jobs: in retail as well as church administrator for 18 years. Talk about putting others first. Sooo, in essence my “me time” was precious. 🌟✨💫
I certainly get that- while in retail I also taught Sunday School and led Bible studies… so yes Me Time was precious! Thank you beautiful Gail!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome. I appreciate you, very much. 🙏🏻🍃
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great article miss you so much have had in my thoughts every day miss you love 💕 sis
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Love you too sis!