Whether you’re a shopper or a seller, this is the time when retailers back off large discounts, or if they are offering them, watch out for exclusions to that discount. As sellers you have a choice to do discounts or exclusions as well. I recommend it, because guaranteed holiday delivery is ending shortly and the big sales happen later. So, What Now? How to keep your customers coming back, checking into your site?
Several of my favorites have begun adding ‘merry missions’ or ‘holiday happiness’ in their online advertising. What are Merry Missions and how can they help with your holiday marketing efforts? These are amusing, easy and fun things that aren’t sales-y (which all of us are tired of by now!) Merry Missions make opening your notices fun! Alternate your site with activities that are sure to keep them coming back. Here’s a few I’ve come up with …
- What Christmas Ornament brings you the best holiday memories?
- Add extra marshmallows to your Hot Cocoa- just today! You deserve it!
- Wrap your packages by twinkle lights, it makes the task so much nicer..
- Name and sing your favorite holiday song or Christmas Carol. Sing as loud as you like! No one’s listening…
- Enjoy a candy cane while you write and mail a few love letters. If there ever was a year for it, this is it!
- Do a ‘hunt and gather’ walk, work your found treasures into your holiday decorating!
- Read your favorite Children’s Book- Velveteen Rabbit, Secret Garden or ‘Twas the night before Christmas…’ Children’s books are a sure way to amuse and charm.
- Make, bake and decorate a batch of cookies, even if they aren’t made from scratch or even perfect. Psst: Displayed by candlelight, no one will notice anyway!
- Get all Dolled Up even if you don’t have any place to go… watch a sweet holiday movie, it will make it seem like date night!
- Write your holiday wishes and tie them to the tree or better yet? Fulfill a few wishes!
Adding fun and Joy to your holiday advertising or even with your friends and family is sure to be a hit, especially this year. And! I’m sure you can come up with even better ones than I did to dole out one at a time…
And who knows? You might start a new tradition that will continue through the years… Merry Missions are way to build your audience and if it’s working for the big companies? Then I’m sure your customers will love you for it.. You’ll have to trust me on this!
Love y’all, Brenda
I’m wishing you much success! And PS Merry Missions work for product or service based businesses!
2 thoughts on “Add in some Merry Missions…”
Such a “feel good” post with all the holiday cheer. 🍃🍒🌲🎶
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Gail, so kind 🎄♥️🎄
LikeLiked by 1 person