I am very thankful to –The Recipe Hunter for nominating Camellia’s Cottage for the Blogger Recognition Award. This blog is beautiful, the story behind her blogs is wonderful- go check ’em out! And, to my surprise and dismay- Karina Pinella has made this a ‘double award! The Blogger Appreciation Award! The best part, I think, about these awards- is the opportunity to recognize 15 other bloggers who deserve recognition as well…
Here are 15 blogs I have chosen for the ‘Blogger Recognition Award:
- The Berries- http://theberriesblog.com
- Southern Life and Times – https://southernlifeandtimes.wordpress.com
- Peculiar Pearl – http://peculiarpearl.com
- ‘Join Me in Eating My Way Through the Alphabet’ – http://snapshotincursive.com
- Don’t You Forget About Me – https://dontyouforgetaboutme.wordpress.com
- Victoria Clevenger – https://victoriaclevenger.wordpress.com
- Admirably Legal https://admirablylegal.wordpress.com
- The Task at Hand – https://shoreacres.wordpress.com
- purpleslobinrecovery – https://purpleslobinrecovery.com
- Fourth Generation Farm Girl- https://fourthgenerationfarmgirl.com
- The Introvert Mom Blog – https://theintrovertmomblog.wordpress.com
- Beauty Beyond Bones https://beautybeyondbones.com
- Small Town Blessing Blog – https://smalltownblessingblog.wordpress.com
- Southern Talk – https://sweetchell.wordpress.com
- A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales – https://acookingpotandtwistedtales.com
Congratulations! I think your blogs deserve recognition, praise and best wishes! Bless Your Hearts ! Now, Bloggers – should you choose to accept this award, here are the rules:
- Write a post to show your award.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 bloggers who deserve this award.
So, Camellia’s Cottage- it is a blog about the wit and wisdom, the graciousness and the generosity, artistry and beauty of the South and her people- particularly in our home state of Alabama. Camellia herself, is a composite character of all of the Southern women who have inspired me through the years. In 2012, my book ‘Four Days- the Lazarus Principle’ was published- during the editing process, I realized just how ‘tech-challenged’ I was! Out of the desire to continue writing and to update my knowledge of technology, I kept thinking about writing a blog- the book is a Bible Study, however, I love to share other things- funny stories and lifestyle of the South, that I knew as a child and know now. I’m still new at this but- for my two cents worth of advice to new bloggers- this is what I did-
- I asked myself if I had 30 ideas for blog posts- if I didn’t ? then I probably didn’t need to be blogging.
- And, I committed myself to blogging regularly for one year to see if I could just be myself, have fun and learn how to write a blog!
Now, more than 4 months have gone by, and 60 posts written, I haven’t run out of ideas, I am still on a steep learning curve- but I truly enjoy blogging! And to those I have nominated? You could teach me a whole lot more than I could ever teach you about blogging! Thanks to all who have stopped by and for the sweet and funny comments you have made -it’s kept me plugging along! Again, thank you to the Recipe Hunter and Karina Pinella for nominating me for these awards and giving me the opportunity to inspire others!
Love y’all, Camellia