I’m so long winded I had to do two posts about the Liebster Award. As part of the process of receiving the Liebster Award, the blogger shares 11 random personal facts, which you will find at the end of this post- and more important-Camellia’s Cottage pays it forward by nominating other bloggers that we feel deserve recognition. We have chosen 11 blogs that we feel are outstanding. Walter is excited…drum roll please!
Little Leaf of Spring- https://littleleafofspringblog.com – a young lady from London who has chosen to live in Paris.
Life Happens- http so://l1fehappens.com – who loves coffee as much as I do!
Mint Julep Girl – https://mintjulepgirl.wordpress.com – a beautiful Southern girl
The Yellow Telephone – https://theyellowtelephone.com – two girlfriends, long distance girlfriend who are staying in touch by blogging.
Tiny Love Challenges – https://tinylovechallenges.wordpress.com – a girl who lives in New York, who has committed to recoding 365 small acts of kindness.
Society of Southern Gentlmen-https://societyofsoutherngents.org A very accomplished family man who lives in Huntsville Alabama who is committed to preserving the traditions of how a gentleman should act.
Almost a Cake – https://almost awake.wordpress.com – a beautiful food blog!
Is This a Keeper? – https://isthisakeeper.com A blogger who loves to try new recipes and found herself asking her testers ‘is this a keeper?’
Art and Kitchen by Food Friends – https://artandkitchen.wordpress.com – a new blog created by an already successful food blogger that decided to share space with her food friends
Curl a Little Finger – https://christinanifong.com formally ‘Curl a Little Finger’ blog – a sweet charming blog – she is a freelance writer, a mother and an ‘eater and grower’!
Renee Lilly – http://buzzworthydesignblog.com Renee is a fantastic interior designer right here in my Alabama hometown and beyond!
So to all you busy as a bee bloggers, here is your invitation to claim your Liebster Award-
Congratulations! What’s next?
- Thank the person who nominated you- post a link to their blog
- Display the Liebster 2016 award badge on your blog
- Write a post about your favorite blog that is not your own, explaining why you like it
- write 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserves the award – inform them that you have nominated them!
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers to answer
List the official rules in your post – you can find them at this fantastic Australian blogger’s site- https://theglobalaussie.com
Here are your 11 questions:
- What is your favorite Southern city?
- Two things, what is the hallmark of a southern lady and the distinguishing mark of a southern gentleman?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to do as you post your blog?
- List 3 things on your personal bucket list.
- My favorite beach in Alabama is the white sugah’ sands of Orange Beach- what is your favorite beach- it can where you live or have visited elsewhere
- List 3 of your favorite things, one must be ‘southern’
- What inspires you on a daily basis, whether you blog about it or not
- Do you prefer ‘sweet’ or ‘unsweet’ iced tea?
- Tell me 5 things about yourself that you want others to know
- What is the most challenging aspect of blogging so far?
- Give me your 3 best tips for creating a great blog post
Ready, Set, Go! then we’ll celebrate!
To complete the process of acquiring my own Liebster award, I will share 11 random facts about myself-
1. I am tech challenged, a woman of a certain age who loves Himalayan cats!
2. Most southerners love sweet tea, not me, I prefer unsweetened with lemon with the exception being, iced mint tea
3. I really prefer coffee, black please!
4. I decided to start this blog because I fell headfirst on an uneven sidewalk in Georgetown DC. After my head injury, I believed it was important for me to challenge myself to learn new skills which require concentration and creativity.
5. I am a collector of funny stories.
6. I am a published author, you can find my book ‘Four Days- the Lazarus Principle’ on Amazon.com and other major booksellers
7. I grew up in the shadow of the original Iron Man, Vulcan- overlooking the massive steel mills and ironworks in Birmingham- if you grow up there, the choice is to become as ‘coarse and common as pig iron’ or be ‘refined into a steel magnolia’; I try to choose everyday to be the latter.
8. I do not believe anyone should be mistreated; I am a Christian who believes that I am at my best taking care of ‘the least of these’ and that the distinquishing mark of any faith should be to ‘love one another’ as God has loved us. One way I act on these beliefs-I am a member of the steering committee for the YWCA Purse and Passion/St.Clair luncheon to benefit victims of domestic violence.
9. I will always be indebted to my older sister, who at age 6, taught me how to read from her ‘Dick and Jane’ books- I was 4 years old. It started the most wonderful journey for me, a lifetime lover of words and books!
10. The most challenging thing for me as a writer or blogger is to avoid comparison.
11. Finally, I am a better cheerleader than a promoter of my own work-I thoroughly enjoyed nominating other bloggers for this part of the award process I prefer to promote lighthearted, good wholesome things, artists and others who live in my home state, Alabama. I hope you will look beyond the headlines to the beauty, industry, creativity and generosity in ‘my sweet home in Alabama’ . Again, it is an unexpected honor to receive the 2016 Liebster Award. Look at the cute award badge below! Love y’all, Camellia
7 thoughts on “The Liebster Award…”
Congratulations for this very well deserved award! Keep this brilliant job going!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, thank you precious one…
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are most Welcome.
Thank you so much for nominating us! We appreciate it so much!!
You two are very welcome! good luck on your wonderful blog!
Thank you! You are the best!