Working on my newsletter a few weeks ago, I realized I wanted to share part of it with you! It’s the short version of 7 Easy Marketing Tips. No one knows your business better than you do. Yet, most don’t really like the marketing part of business. Okay, this isn’t one of the 7 Tips yet may be the most important thing- Change your Mind from ‘seller’ to Becoming a Trusted Resource. How? Here’s 7 Easy Ways:
- Put together Gift Guides, not just seasonally or for holidays. These really work all year round. You can get started with Mother’s Day which is in a few weeks in the U.S.
- Offer Ideas- all. the. time. Let’s say you sell perishable flowers, offer ideas for extending blooms or a pretty vintage container. I sold fashion on straight commission for years, yet I walked my customer over to the shoe or accessory department and made a few ideas before turning her over to an associate there. This really works!
- Offer Gift Certificates. Product or Service based businesses should offer these year round. If someone has come to your site and looked around? Well, you could always make sure they know you offer Gift Certificates.
- When I worked for international fragrance companies, we offered a Gift with Purchase at holidays, yet we always added samples– all. year. round. Now what does that mean for other things? Well, if you’re a baker: Offer a simple recipe for compound butter or easy frosting. I know artists who have notecards with a print of their art. Often, these are inserted in with the purchase or used for…
- Stay in Touch with your existing customers! A simple note or email- ‘just checking in’ or ‘so good to have seen you’, a sincere ‘thinking of you’ goes a long way to building that personalized shopping experience. Which brings me to this:
- Provide Value. What does that mean? It really means- ‘Add Convenience.’ A length of ribbon, a small gift tag, simple gift wrap or a tiny surprise that adds joy to the shopping experience.
- The All Important 5 B’s – Be Memorable. Be Consistent. Be Informative. Be Kind. Be Grateful. Let’s face it everyone wants information and inspiration yet, ‘Thank You’ goes a long way, no matter what you do, create or sell!
Hope this help if you are marketing…anything! Love y’all, Brenda
*My gift to you is a free newsletter! If you think this is something you could use, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’ll be glad to add you to my list! And! What do I market? Well, after 30+ years as a Retail Specialist, I’m offering an online course all about Visual Marketing, if you think this is something use, I’d love to have you join. I’m so grateful you’re here and it’s impressive when anyone writes a blog, builds a small business or offers great services! You will have lifetime access to it, even as it’s updated. It’s 5 mini courses in one course and you can find it through this link; https://camellia-s-cottage-blog.mykajabi.com/about-course-copy-1-ed7ee1ac-4438-4133-968b-ffee43106f2b The Name of it is: Be Unforgettable- Beginner’s Guide to Visual Marketing